Some College Coursework Completed
Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek – Dallas, TX 75219 US (Primary)
Front Office (FD, Concierge, GS, BD, PBX, Valet, GR, Door), Golf
Provides information to guest/visitor inquiries and coordinates all guest requests for special arrangements or services, courteously and efficiently. Escorts VIPs to assigned guestrooms, informing guests of hotel services, features and room amenities. Attends to immediate needs of VIPs upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all hotel restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
- all hotel room types, numbers/names, layout, appointments, amenities and locations.
- all hotel room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures (particularly VIPs).
- scheduled daily group activities, names and location of meeting/banquet rooms.
- local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Obtain department keys and beeper; ensure security of such.
- Meet with Supervisor/departing Concierge to review business status and follow up actions.
- Access all functions of computer system in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
- Legibly complete requisition for additional supplies/materials and submit to Manager.
- Maintain updated resource materials on all vendors and information to accommodate guest requests.
- Review designated in-house guest list and be familiar with guests’ names and room locations.
- Answer department telephone using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated hotel personnel to ensure completion of request.
- Coordinate guest requests with designated vendors which may include:
- Room accommodations
- Airline reservations, changes, cancellations
- Transportation from hotel to airport and return
- Bus/train transportation
- Limousine reservations
- Car rentals
- Car repair and servicing
- Charter flights/rentals
- Babysitting services
- Banking/financial services
- Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services
- Interpretation services
- Notary services
- Restaurant reservations, nightclub activities
- Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
- Film processing
- Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities
- Formal wear rentals
- Salon appointments
- Shoe shines
- Shopping services
- Movie/theater/attraction tickets
- Sightseeing tours
- Medical services
- Religious services
- Legibly document all pertinent information in guest request log(s). Monitor and update log book(s) throughout the shift.
- Place orders for amenities and coordinate delivery of amenities to designated guest rooms.
- Legibly complete confirmation cards and deliver to guest upon completion of each arrangement coordinated for guest.
- Relay accurate directions to guests’ desired destination within local area and distribute maps with highlighted routes.
- Compile weekly City Events Sheet detailing special activities and events within the local area; distribute to all departments.
- Assist guests in locating and retrieving lost luggage.
- Distribute all guest and departmental mail.
- Monitor, send and deliver guest faxes.
- Inspect blocked VIP rooms, using the checklist, prior to guest arrival; rectify any deficiencies.
- Randomly inspect designated rooms weekly and complete necessary paperwork.
- Escort VIPs upon arrival to their assigned room. Inform guests of hotel services/features and room amenities.
- Telephone newly registered guests after check-in to establish guest needs and satisfaction. Follow up on any guest requests.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
- Process miscellaneous charges.
- Collect payments.
- Make change for guests.
- Cash guests’ personal checks/travelers checks.
- Post charges.
- Run closing reports.
- Count bank and secure bank.
- Complete designated cashier reports.
- Balance reports.
- Drop receipts.
- Set up, monitor, maintain and breakdown breakfast/afternoon tea/cocktail hour food and beverages.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum one years’ experience in a similar capacity for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel.
- Education: High school diploma.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of local restaurants, museums and attractions; thorough knowledge of current events in and around the region; thorough knowledge of Concierge department procedures; ability to add and subtract three digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; exceptional oral communication skills to ensure ability to negotiate and persuade guests and staff to achieve results beneficial to operation of hotel; ability to converse calmly with irate guests, co-workers, superiors and subordinates in sometimes intense emotional situations; ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve dates, names, times and other data; ability to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to participate in all departmental and hotel-wide meetings.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 30 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Licenses & Certifications: None required.