The Standard is looking to hire for their Concierge position. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. More information regarding the position may be found below:
This position coordinates of any guests’ needs, special requests, and inquiries to ensure superior service and value for our guests.
Front Office Manager, Lead Concierge
- Front Office, Reservations, F&B, Events
- Hotel guests/visitors, vendors, service providers
Reservations Office, Front Desk
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Frequently standing behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
- Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of work experience as a concierge or related area
- Knowledge of locale
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests,
- Employees and third parties.
- Reading, writing and math abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs,
- Recording guest requests, and computing estimates for events or activities.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable.
- Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc.
- Respond appropriately to guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as assisting the bell stand, providing luggage and assistance, and ensuring lobby and concierge area’s appearance, reflect highly on the hotel and company.
- Communicates important information with the previous and next shift.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Has thorough knowledge of hotel property and services.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality for all hotel guests.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.