AMAZING CAREER OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE CONCIERGE TEAM AT THE LANGHAM, NEW YORK, FIFTH AVENUE!
The Langham, New York located at 5th Avenue and 36th Street is looking for a Concierge to join our dynamic Concierge team.
Please apply at career.langhamhospitalitygroup.com/newyork.
JOB TITLE: Les Clefs d’Or Concierge
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To act as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction. Concierge to be fully versed on Forbes service standards. The concierge team to be fully versed on all information related to The Langham, New York as well as New York.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercise judgment, respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Promptly answer telephone calls using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer, Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages, and facsimiles for customers as requested. Requires continuous sitting, standing and movement throughout the hotel.
- Using the telephone, verbally arrange and confirm recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel. Promptly respond to requests for dentists, doctors, childcare, florists, etc.
- Distribute printed materials such as brochures of local attractions, required extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials on display racks, in drawers or on shelves.
- If and when dealing with guest concerns, use proper defect resolution skills in order to turn a concern into delight by resolving the issue and exhibiting genuine care and concern.
- Communicate with Front Desk, Service Stylist and Private Kitchen colleagues regarding special arrangements and/or requests related to guests’ amenities.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/ her attention so corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
- Perform simple arithmetic functions using a calculator.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Physical activities include standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, feeling, handling, grasping, carrying and lifting.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- May require standing for long periods of time.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, colleagues may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The individual must possess the following job knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error, e.g., purchasing tickets for guests.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to stand, walk and or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Prior guest service experience required.
- Prior Front Desk/Concierge or other hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Member of the New York City Association of Hotel Concierge.
- Membership of Les Clefs d’Or is required.
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.